Within the Discussion Board area, write 400–600 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas:
- What are the implications of labeling human behaviors (and by extension, human beings) as normal or abnormal?
- What are some of the consequences of labeling in the workplace?
- Provide an example of how specific abnormal behaviors were viewed in the past in the workplace (e.g., postpartum depression).
- Has this perspective changed from the past? If so, how?
- How can unusual behaviors be classified and identified without negative consequences to people?