Consider the importance of morale and satisfaction to employee retention. It is likely that you or someone you know has had a bad experience with a particular job, business, or company. Reflect on that bad experience. Was it unsatisfactory because of the work environment, the coworkers, the wages, the management, or some other factor? Are you or the person you know still working in that job? Why or why not?
Worker dissatisfaction and morale is a key concern of an organization’s HR department. HR professionals should be familiar with the various needs and challenges of a diverse workforce in order to identify ways to address those concerns. Financial, legal, and ethical factors influence the HR professionals’ ability to provide compensation and benefits, mediate disputes, and otherwise aid in employee retention. In this Discussion, you will examine the needs and challenges of workers, and analyze how HR departments can address such concerns. In addition, you will discern how HR professionals can help motivate employees to give their best efforts.
To prepare for this Discussion:
- Read Chapter 8 in the course text. Identify the importance of providing compensation and benefits for employees and the role the HR department plays in administering those provisions.
- Review the media Good Samaritan Hospital Organizational Chart—Week 4: Retention, Compensation, and Benefits found in this week’s Resources. (you can see this chart when you log into my student account under resources for week 4)
- Read the articles, “The Lifelong Iterative Process of Physician Retention” and “Influencing Outlook: The Importance of Nursing Staff Satisfaction.” Consider the issues these articles highlight and discern how those issues correspond to the information in Chapter 11.
- Review the Amabile and Kramer article, and focus on suggestions that could be used for improving morale and supporting employees.
- Identify the types of challenges that employees face that might negatively affect attitudes toward jobs, and consider how the HR department could mitigate those challenges through compensation and benefits.
Post by Day 4 a summary of the two different types of challenges that employees face that could result in a poor retention rate at an organization. Then, describe potential methods HR could use to improve morale and ensure retention of employees. Comment on specific factors that have motivated or unmotivated you in positions you have held. Finally, discuss potential setbacks or problems HR can face when attempting to address employee challenges while still helping those same employees feel valuable and necessary to the success of an organization. Describe one factor that an organization may consider when deciding whether to retain an unmotivated employee.
To get a custom written paper, place an order with us!
Additional Benefits for you
♦ 24/7 customer support
♦ On-time delivery guarantee
♦ Plagiarism-free research papers
♦ Affordable and student-friendly prices
♦ Scholarly-rich custom-written papers
♦ 100% privacy and confidentiality