The questions must be answered in APA format with a 100 word minimum and using the uploaded book. Please cite each answer.
The reference is:
Daempfle, P. (2016). Essential biology: An applied approach. Dubuque, IA: Kendall Hunt.
- List 3 ways a person can best become biologically literate.
- According to the characteristics of life discussed in the course, a rock is not considered life. Choose one characteristic of life to defend why a rock is not life.
- Name two kingdoms described in the six-kingdom system of taxonomy. Describe two differences between the two kingdoms. How are the two kingdoms the same?
- Compare how ionic, covalent and polar covalent bonds differ from each other. Be sure to include the following terms in your comparison: electronegativity, polarity and stability?
- For question #4 above, give an example of a compound formed by each of the bonds described and explain how it formed. Make sure to include the electron arrangement around the atoms.
- ATP plays a major role in life’s processes. Describe how the activities of the single celled Amoeba are dependent upon ATP.
- Why is carbon the backbone of life? Describe the characteristics of carbon that make it our unique building block.
- Define the following terms: passive transport, active transport and receptor-mediated endocytosis. List one way each of the terms differs from the others.
- ATP plays a major role in life’s processes. Explain how the sodium-potassium pump plays a role in secondary active transport.
- Explain what is involved with the fluid mosaic model of the cell. In addition, specify which macromolecules are involved and describe the role(s) associated with them.
- A battle between an amoeba and a single-celled protist, chilomonas ensues. The amoeba wins, but the large piece of chilomonas is too big to pass through the plasma membrane of the amoeba to eat. Describe the process by which the amoeba absorbs and digests the chilomonas.
To get a custom written paper, place an order with us!
Additional Benefits for you
♦ 24/7 customer support
♦ On-time delivery guarantee
♦ Plagiarism-free research papers
♦ Affordable and student-friendly prices
♦ Scholarly-rich custom-written papers
♦ 100% privacy and confidentiality