1. The heart of George Homans’ exchange theory lies in the set of fundamental propositions. Critically discuss these propositions.
2. Critically discuss the five (5) basic principles of symbolic interactionism according to George Herbert Mead.
3. Outline Talcott Parson’s structural functionalism and comment on its relevance in explaining social process in Kenya today.
4. Conflict theory is said to have emerged as a response to the criticisms leveled against the structural functionalist theory. Ralf Dahrendorf is one of the important conflict theorists in sociology. Discuss the contribution of Ralf Dahrendorf in the development of this (conflict) perspective.
5. Provide an overview of the varieties of feminist theories and comment on their relevance in understanding today’s society.
6. Either discuss the major arguments of critical theory or discuss what Ethnomethodology is and outline its various stands.
7. Write short notes on any four of the following as explained by Karl Marx and others.
i. Human nature
iii. Karl Marx and labor
iv. Materialist conception of history
v. Structure of capitalism
8. Discuss any two of the following contemporary theories of modernity:
i. The juggernaut of modernity
ii. The Risk Society
iii. The Cultural Theory and
iv. “McDonaldization” of society
Why Choose CustomEssayMasters.com?
♦ 24/7 customer support
♦ On-time delivery guarantee
♦ Plagiarism-free research papers
♦ Affordable and student-friendly prices
♦ Scholarly-rich custom-written papers
♦ 100% privacy and confidentiality