The best strategies become obsolete as a firm’s external and internal environments change. This is even more concerning among companies and organizations that have operations across different countries. Management should make decisions on what needs to be reworked or changed. There are different approaches and tools available to help management to optimize this process and identify the “bottlenecks” impeding better performance and/or productivity. One of these is the Balanced Scorecard (Kaplan & Norton, 1996).
Using the Argosy University online library resources, locate a minimum of four different scholarly sources on Balanced Scorecard and other four on comparing BSC and “Tableau de Bord” (see Pezet, 2009) and answer the following:
- Why is the Balanced Scorecard an important topic both in devising objectives and in evaluating strategies?
- Compare BSC to the French strategic measurement system named “Tableau de Bord”, and point out differences between them, as well as advantages and disadvantages of each one.
Kaplan, R. S., Norton, D. P. (1996). Strategic learning & the balanced scorecard. Strategy & Leadership, 24(5), 18–24.
Pezet, A. (2009). The history of the French tableau de bord (1885-1975): Evidence from the archives. Accounting Business and Financial History, 19, 2 (2009), 103–125. Accessed on August 9, 2013. http://halshs.archives-ouvertes.fr/docs/00/49/86/70/PDF/Pezet_revised_-_2.pdf
For a custom-written answer, place your order now!
What We Offer:
- On-time delivery guarantee
- PhD-level writers
- Automatic plagiarism check
- 100% money-back guarantee
- 100% Privacy and Confidentiality
- High Quality custom-written papers