1. Pretend you are a molecule of oxygen and describe your trip from the outside world down to the level of the alveoli.
2. Explain the differences between internal and external respiration.
3. Identify the respiratory organs and structures and outline the process of air inhalation to exhalation through the respiratory system.
4. Explain the mechanics of breathing and the significance of lung volumes.
5. Outline the forces that allow for air movement into and out of the lungs.
6. Outline the process of gas exchange.
7. Summarize the process of oxygen and carbon dioxide transport within the respiratory system.
8. Describe the development of the respiratory system in the embryo.