Lesson 6 Review Questions
Directions: Answer each of the following questions.
1. State the central dogma of molecular biology.
2. Outline research that determined that DNA is the genetic material.
3. What are Chargaff’s rules?
4. Identify the structure of the DNA molecule.
5. Why is DNA replication said to be semi-conservative?
6. Describe transcription.
7. How may mRNA be modified before it leaves the nucleus?
8. What is the genetic code? What are codons?
9. Outline the steps of translation.
10. Define mutation and mutagen.
11. List three examples of mutagens.
12. Identify three types of chromosomal alterations.
13. Distinguish among silent, missense, and nonsense point mutations.
Essay submission: Select one (1) Biology topic from this lesson, and submit a 3-5 paragraph essay about the topic. Present the answer in complete sentences with supporting information from the Lesson. Do not copy and paste from the Lessons or Internet resources, but answer in your own words to demonstrate understanding of the material. Remember to cite your sources!