1. What is science? What is the goal of science?
2. Outline the steps of a scientific investigation.
3. What is a scientific hypothesis? What characteristics must a hypothesis have to be useful in science?
4. Give an example of a scientific question that could be investigated with an experiment. Then give an example of scientific question that could not be investigated in this way.
5. What might be an advantage of collecting evidence in a natural setting rather than in a lab?
6. List the six characteristics of all living things.
7. Identify four unifying principles of modern biology.
8. Outline the levels of organization of a complex, multicellular organism such as a mouse, starting with the cell.
9. What is homeostasis? Give an example.