International Money and Finance
Instructions: Please answer all questions. Note that the answers have to be typed. All questions related to the AA‐DD analysis should contain neatly presented graphs. The
assignment has to be submitted to turnitin. Note that apart from correct answers, the clarity of
exposition, the depth of arguments and the overall presentation will be assessed.
Question 1 (15 marks)
Using 4‐6 papers from Google Scholar as references discuss the empirical evidence on uncovered
interest parity. (around 800 words is expected)
Question 2 (10 marks)
Explain what is meant by the exchange rate pass‐through. In the AA‐DD framework assume that the
exchange rate pass‐through increases from 50% to 80%. Explain how this change would affect the AA
and DD schedules, draw them. Will the effectiveness of temporary monetary and fiscal policies (i.e. their
ability to increase output temporarily) be affected by this change?
Question 3 (10 marks)
Using the AA‐DD framework and assuming the flexible exchange rate regime, analyse how a permanent
change in tastes of foreign consumers making them to prefer goods produced in their own country over
imported goods, would affect domestic economy in the short‐run and in the long‐run. Discuss what
would happen to output, the nominal and real exchange rates and the current account. Assume that the
economy starts in the long‐run equilibrium with full employment.
Question 4 (15 marks)
- Using the AA‐DD framework, analyse the effects of a permanent increase in foreign money supply on the nominal and real exchange rates, domestic output and current account under the flexible exchange rates. Assume that the economy starts in the long‐run equilibrium with full employment.
- If the domestic central bank decides to use monetary policy as a response to this change in foreign
monetary policy, what should it do? Will it be effective? How would this change your short‐run and long‐
run analysis in part a?
For a custom paper on any of the above topics, place your order now!
What We Offer:
• On-time delivery guarantee
• PhD-level writers
• Automatic plagiarism check
• 100% money-back guarantee
• 100% Privacy and Confidentiality
• High Quality custom-written papers