Do a marketing plan for an organisation you’re familiar with (e.g. your own organisation/ family/friend’s business, or an industry of interest).
It is recommended you pick a topic you are interested in – pick an industry you work in, would like to work in, or a hobby of yours. For instance, someone recently planning their wedding did the wedding industry in Canberra. Another person, keen to buy a motor bike, did a marketing plan on a motorcycle brand. Your favourite sports team, perhaps?
For those students working individually, seeking to submit the whole document in one piece, it fits as indicated below:
- Executive summary
- Objectives of the Marketing Plan & Major Marketing Problem/ issues. Make sure objectives are SMART
- Company Description/ Background of the organisation
- The environments that impact on the organisation
- Government regulations
- Legal Changes
- Social / Cultural Changes
- Climate (eg. for an outdoor restaurant)
- Competitor Analysis & Competitive Advantage of the organisation (SWOT Analysis?)
- Target market segments/ Segmentation
- Recommendations for product, price including breakeven point, promotion and place / distribution. Note: for those participating in the competition, all of these are important, but you will place most emphasis on the promotion topic.
- A budget for implementing your strategies – revenue and costs