PLEASE READ EVERYTHING CAREFULLY.
So, you will compare and contrast Gambia’s marriage system and America’s marriage system.
1. Select one culture that interests you. This will be your culture of inquiry. 🙁 THE CULTURE THAT I HAVE CHOSEN IS GAMBIA)
2. Select one of the following chapters from your textbook, Communication Across Cultures Thatinterests you. The information in this chapter will guide you as you explore your culture of inquiry and compare and contrast it with your “identity culture” or mainstream American culture. This chapter will be your chapter focus.
(You will compare and contrast Gambia and America’s marriage system, mainly focus on the values of marriage, the comparison and the differences of marriage in Gambia and the U.S.
3. I have chosen the the chapter you will focus on which is:
Chapter 6—Cultural Values:Road Maps for Behavior: (I will upload chapter 6 if needed)
4. Respond to these questions:
a. What is your culture of inquiry? In detail, explain WHY you selected this particular culture? In other words, describe WHAT specifically informed your thinking process? ( I selected Gambia as my culture of inquiry because I’m not familiar with my parents culture, even though I’ve been to Gambia once, in 2003, but that was a long time ago, I was very young and I don’t remember much about my experience visiting Gambia. But I am going to focus on the marriage system in Gambia and compare it to the U.S)
b. Which chapter from your textbook, Communication between Cultures will you use as the basis for your inquiry and exploration into this culture?( I will be using chapter six in the textbook – Chapter 6—Cultural Values: Road Maps for Behavior)Explain WHY you selected this culture? ( I selected Gambia as my culture of inquiry because I’m not familiar with my parents culture, to be specific I want to find out how my parents met and why did they get married, I am curious to know if it was an arranged marriage, so in order to find this out I will ask my parents, even though I’ve been to Gambia once, in 2003, but that was a long time ago, I was very young and I don’t remember much about my experience visiting Gambia.) I will also be comparing and contrasting the marriage system in the U.S and Gambia. WHAT specifically in or about this culture interested you? Does this interest connect in any way to your future career goal or any sort of work you have done or hope to do in the future? ( no it does not) Please explain. (Focus on chapter 6, I WILL UPLOAD CHAPTER 6 IF NEEDED)
5. Open your textbook, Communication Between Cultures, and find your chapter focus. At the end of this chapter you will find two sections: ACTIVITIES and CONCEPTS AND QUESTIONS. Read these activities. SELECT ONE ACTIVITY that interests you. COMPLETE this activity. RESPOND to ALL of the questions in the CONCEPTS AND QUESTIONS section. ( I WILL UPLOAD THE ACTIVITY FOR CHAPTER 6)
6. Based on the information and your work in Step 5 above, formulate a focus question to compare and contrast two different cultures—your “identity” culture and your culture of inquiry.
7. To do this, review your work in Step 5. SELECT one question or activity. Based on this question or activity, formulate a question or questions that will guide your comparison and contrast of two cultures (your “identity” culture (Gambia and your culture of inquiry is America).
8. Respond to this question: What is your inquiry—research question?
9. Using the information in your textbook, and representatives from your culture of inquiry and any other forms of qualitative research, write a paper,or create a multimedia project comparing and contrasting one aspect of two cultures—your “identity” culture and your culture of inquiry. Use specific examples from your “identity” culture and your culture of inquiry to illustrate what your comparisons and contrasts.
10. Finally, as you recall from page 17 in Chapter 1 in your textbook, Communication Between Cultures, engaging in intercultural communication is a complex activity. You need to be aware of (1) the uniqueness of each individual, (2) the hazards of overgeneralizing, (3) the need to be objective, (4) the necessity for compromise, and (5) the myth of believing that communication is a cure-all. REFLECT on what you observed and learned through your work on your final project. EXPLAIN how this work informed TWO of the FIVE considerations of intercultural communication.
You can use outside sources for the comparison be sure to include sources and no plagiarism.
To get a custom answer on this question, place an order with us!
Additional Benefits for you
♦ 24/7 customer support
♦ On-time delivery guarantee
♦ Plagiarism-free research papers
♦ Affordable and student-friendly prices
♦ Scholarly-rich custom-written papers
♦ 100% privacy and confidentiality